April is here and proms are happening every where. When I was younger (not to age myself) we didn’t get our hair and makeup done professionally. I was fortunate enough that my mom was talented in this area and she was able to do a fabulous job with my hair and makeup. I do recall doing my best friends hair for prom as well as some other friends. I should have known then this is what I would be doing years later.
I wanted to put a little list together for all you getting ready for prom to help you out:
- Call to book a makeup and hair session at least 3 weeks in advance. April is not only prom season but it is the start of wedding season. Makeup artist and hairstylist book up fast so makeup sure you book your appointment pronto!
- Pin Pin Pin! I absolutely love when someone comes to be with Pinterest pictures of what they are looking for. Be ready with an idea of hair and makeup, it will help with making sure you get the ultimate prom look.
- Keep it simple. You don’t have to go totally dramatic for prom. You are young and beautiful! Makeup should only enhance that beauty not make you look like someone else.
- When choosing you perfect hairstyle you might want to consider if you are going to be dancing and if you are going to get hot! I have had some of my clients mention that they dance a lot and hate when they feel their hair against their necks! Others have commented getting a headache if their hair is all up. Make sure you take some of these things into consideration.
- Be happy with yourself and your look! Nothing looks more beautiful than confidence! Love yourself! It is how God made you and all that He makes is perfect so don’t doubt yourself! Now go and have fun!
Here are some prom pictures of 2015